October 10 is World Mental Health Day
In honor of World Mental Health Day, this email has been sent to Hershey Entertainment Resort team member.
Since 1992, world mental health day The observance is held on October 10 to raise awareness and drive positive change. world mental health foundation Advocating for mental health awareness, education and healthcare for 75 years. The organization announced that the theme for 2023 is “Mental health as a universal human right.”
Starting a conversation about mental health – whether you need help or have a friend or family member who needs help – can be the hardest part of the entire journey.if You’re Struggling, Expert Advice You build a support system, find a peer group, actively participate in your treatment and develop a recovery plan.
If you believe someone is in crisis communicate in a direct way And ask questions like, “I am a person who cares and is willing to listen.” What do you want me to know about how you’re feeling…” or “I’ve been worried about you. Can we talk about what you’re going through? If not, who would you like to talk to?” Mental health should not come with shame. If you need assistance, we encourage you to talk to a colleague, friend or family member. Here are some more resources for your reference.
If you or someone you know needs help or is in crisis, here are some resources.
HE&R Healthcare Benefits and Resources:
- Available to team members and their families HE&R Employee Assistance Program Access a variety of confidential mental health, substance abuse and other welfare resources.
- Team members who participate in our health plan through our provider Highmark have coverage for inpatient and outpatient mental health and substance abuse care.Providers can be found by selecting the Find a Doctor link on the Highmark app or by logging into your account highmarkblueshield.com.
- Highmark offers “ShareCare” that encourages you to put yourself at the top of your to-do list and prioritize your mental health.For helpful tips, visit mycare.sharecare.com and Select Discover > Health Topics to Focus on, Such as stress, anxiety and health.
- If you or a loved one is in crisis, contact the toll-free Suicide and Crisis Lifeline Dial 988. The hotline is available 24 hours a day in English and Spanish.
- this Penn State offers services and resources From the Office of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services:
- Crisis Text Hotline: Text PA to 741741
- Veterans Crisis Hotline: Dial 988, press 1
- Disaster Helpline: 1-800-985-5990
- The Trevor Project Lifeline (LGBTQ): 1-866-488-7386
- Transgender Helpline: 877-565-8860
Thank you, and if you need assistance, please contact a trusted friend or family member.