earthquake An earthquake was felt near Victoria, British Columbia. There have been no reports of major damage or injuries and none are expected. More information is available from Natural Resources Canada.
The National Tsunami Warning Center said a tsunami was not expected.
Local time: 7:21 PM PDT
Place: 56 km northwest of Seattle, Washington, USA
depth: 39 kilometers
- keep Calm:
- Stay calm and move carefully, checking above and around you for unstable objects and other hazards
- Check for damage and hazards:
- Wear sturdy shoes and protective clothing before inspecting for damage and hazards
- If you smell gas or rotten eggs, leave the building immediately and call 9-1-1 or the gas company’s emergency number
- Follow the instructions:
- Follow local news online, social media, radio and TV
- If further action is required in your community, local officials will provide guidance
- To report an earthquake:
- Do not call 9-1-1 to report an earthquake
- If you feel an earthquake, report it to Earthquakes Canada
Aftershocks are possible:
Be prepared for an earthquake
Earthquakes cannot be predicted. Please take the following steps to stay safe:
For more information on how to prepare for an earthquake, visit PreparedBC.