Is today your lucky day?
The lottery jackpot for Saturday night’s drawing is estimated at $1.4 billion, with a cash option of $614 million, according to the Powerball website.
This is the third largest Powerball jackpot and will be the fifth largest lottery jackpot ever in the United States (see chart below).
The last time a jackpot was won was on July 19, when a California lottery player won a $1.08 billion jackpot, the third-largest Powerball jackpot ever.
Meanwhile, the Mega Millions jackpot was reset to $20 million after a $361 million jackpot was won in Texas on Friday, according to the Mega Millions website.
10/7/23 What are the winning Powerball numbers?
Here are the winning Powerball numbers for Saturday, October 7, 2023:
47 – 54 – 57 – 60 – 65 and Powerball 19
Powerplay is 3 times
Looking for an edge?These are the luckiest Powerball numbers
When is the next Powerball drawing?
Powerball drawings are held three times a week – Monday, Wednesday and Saturday at 10:59pm Monday’s drawing was added for 2021.
Location, location, location:These are the states with the most Powerball jackpot winners
When is the latest time I can buy Powerball tickets?
Deadlines for purchasing Powerball tickets vary by state, so don’t wait until the last minute.New Jersey’s is 9:59 p.m. on the day of the drawing, while New York’s is 10 p.m.
Click here to see a complete list of Powerball lottery cutoff times by state or jurisdiction.
New Jersey Lottery: Where does all the ticket revenue go?
How do I play Powerball?
Each ticket costs $2, but you can add Power Play for $1, which will increase your potential winning amount to five times your original winnings (except for the jackpot and Game 5). There is also a 10x Power Play possibility when the jackpot is below $150 million.
Each player selects 5 numbers from 1 to 69 for the white ball and one number from 1 to 26 for the red power ball. However, you can also have the lottery machine generate a quick ballot with random numbers for you.
Prizes range from $4 for matching the Powerball, to $1 million for matching all five white balls (except California), to the grand prize for matching all six balls. You can view all prize payouts on the Powerball website.
guard against:No, lottery winners don’t give you money.How to spot a scammer
Where can I buy Powerball tickets?
You can play in 45 states, as well as Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Many grocery stores, gas stations, and convenience stores sell lottery tickets. Some states allow purchasing Powerball tickets online, but beware of scam sites. Before purchasing a lottery ticket online, check with your state lottery agency for more details about online sales.
You do not need to be a U.S. citizen or a resident of the specific state from which you purchased your ticket.
You can purchase lottery tickets from New Jersey lottery retailers here: Click here.
winner:New Jersey grandmother of 10 plans Disney trip after winning $1 million in Powerball
How do I watch the Powerball drawing?
Powerball drawings air live on the lottery website on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays at 10:59 PM ET. You can view the drawing by clicking here .
The drawing may also be broadcast on local television stations in your market.
What are my chances of winning?
Playing Powerball can be exciting, but don’t spend millions before winning.
The odds of winning the jackpot are 292,201,338 to 1.
The odds of matching all five white balls are 11,688,053 to 1.
unlucky? Here are 13 crazy things that are more likely to happen than winning the lottery
Lump sum or annuity?
The major U.S. lotteries offer two jackpot payout options: annuity and cash.
Annuity options pay out over time. First there are immediate payments, then 29 annual payments, increasing by 5% each year.
The cash option is significantly lower than the advertised jackpot, but it’s paid out in a lump sum. You don’t have to wait decades to get all your money.
Can I win big and remain anonymous?
In some states, such as New Jersey, you can win anonymously. That wasn’t always the case, but now winners can remain anonymous under a law signed by Gov. Phil Murphy.
In other states, the winner’s name and hometown are a matter of public record. Check with your state lottery for more information.
Top 10 Biggest Powerball Jackpots
Here are the top 10 jackpots since the Powerball lottery’s inception in 1992:
- $2.04 billion, November 7, 2022: Win in California
- $1.586 billion, January 13, 2016: Three winners in California, Florida, Tennessee
- $1.4 billion, October 7, 2023:
- $1.08 billion, July 19, 2023: Win in California
- $768.4 million, March 27, 2019: Win in Wisconsin
- $758.7 million, August 23, 2017: Winning in Massachusetts
- $754.6 million, February 6, 2023: Winning in Washington
- $731.1 million, January 20, 2021: Win in Maryland
- $699.8 million, October 4, 2021: Win in California
- $687.8 million, October 27, 2018: Two New York-Iowa winners
What is the largest lottery jackpot ever in the United States?
Here are the top jackpots won in the U.S. Powerball and Mega Millions lotteries:
- $2.04 billion, Powerball, November 7, 2022: California
- $1.602 billion, millionaire, August 8, 2023: Florida
- $1.586 Billion, Powerball, January 13, 2016: Three winners in California, Florida and Tennessee
- $1.537 billion Mega Millions jackpot won in South Carolina on October 23, 2018
- $1.4 billion, Powerball, October 7, 2023:
- $1.348 Billion Mega Millions Jackpot, January 13, 2022: Win in Maine
- $1.337 billion, millionaires, July 29, 2022: Illinois
- $1.08 Billion, Powerball, July 19, 2023: Win in California
- $1.05 Billion Mega Millions Jackpot, January 22, 2021: Win in Michigan
- $768.4 Million, Powerball, March 27, 2019: Win in Wisconsin
- $758.7 million, Powerball, August 23, 2017: Win in Massachusetts
- $754.6 Million Powerball: February 6, 2023: Win in Washington
- $731.1 million, Powerball, Jan. 20, 2021: Win in Maryland
- $699.8M, Powerball, Oct. 4, 2021: Win in California
- $687.8 Million, Powerball, October 27, 2018: Two New York-Iowa Winners
- $656 Million Mega Millions jackpot, March 30, 2012: three winners in Illinois, Kansas and Maryland
- $648 Million Mega Millions Jackpot, December 17, 2013: Two Winners in California and Georgia
- $632.6 million, Powerball, January 5, 2022: Two winners in California and Wisconsin
- $590.5M, Powerball, May 18, 2013: Win in Florida
- $587.5 Million, Powerball, November 28, 2012: Two winners from Arizona, Missouri